The rampage of strikes and spares continues. The guys who made the second cut are decent and have some experience of some type bowling in a competitive situation. They know how to drown out background noises, distractions, and make even the worst circumstances to bowl doable. With focused game faces and steady hands, these guys put on a show.
Nevertheless, I continue my string of spares. Just as undaunted as from facing the point guard from the basketball tryouts, I keep my head up and focus on making the pins I don’t make the first time. That’s what is good about bowling. You get a second chance. There would be no such thing as redoing that missed layup. A miss is a miss. Here, you get two shots to nail ten pins.
Simplifying the sport makes it easier for me. I finish with a 184 and a 167, higher than many other people who just struck a few times and didn’t finish their job on the rest. The coach comes over to me and asks the same question in a different way. “Simon, is it?”
“Yes, sir.”
“See you at tomorrow’s practice.”

No comments:
Post a Comment